This page contains the instructions for installing Selenium WebDriver with Java, you’ll also see videos of the implementation of the speedrun.
It covers the install of:
- Prerequisites: Java JDK, Maven, IntelliJ IDE
- Marionette GeckoDriver
- A test project
- And running a test from both the command line, and the IDE
For a more in-depth guides check our full WebDriver course.
I order to cut down on maintenance, I’ve written the checklist as a Markdown document and added it to Github. I’ve added it to the project you will install which contains the sample test that helps you check that you have installed the drivers correctly.
- First Install Java JDK, Maven, IntelliJ IDE by following this checklist of instructions and videos
- Follow the checklist of instructions and videos in the startUsingSeleniumWebDriver project
Since these are designed to be printed or copy/pasted into a text editor or evernote or (whatever you use to track your work), they are not ‘formatted’.
Windows Install Videos
- YouTube Video Showing the Java Install on Windows 10
- YouTube Video Showing the WebDriver Install on Windows 10
Mac Install Videos