Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2 and JUnit and GeckoDriver v 0.10.0

I started to have a look at `Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2`

And my `@Test` methods were running from the IDE, but not running on CI.

The effect in CI was, no tests executing at all:

 
 Running TestSuite
 Configuring TestNG with: org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.conf.TestNG652Configurator@77468bd
 Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.424 sec

I don’t use TestNG, I use JUnit.

Since this only happened when I switched to 3.0.0-beta2, and not in beta1 or 2.53.1, I raised a defect on github.

Luke pointed out that we can use the dependency management in Maven to exclude some of the dependencies.

Making my maven include for Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2 the following:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
    <artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>
    <version>3.0.0-beta2</version>
    <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
    </exclusions>
</dependency>

So I changed the `pom.xml` make to my CI project to run beta2

I also upgraded the Marionette/Geckodriver executable.

David Burns has released a v 0.10.0 version of GeckoDriver to use with the v 3.0.0-betas

  • https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases

So upgrade to that when working with 3.0.0-betaX

 

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Selenium Simplified Blog, WebDriver. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *